Timeline of Awards Process
October 10, 2017
|Call for nomination letters for all awards|
October 31, 2017
|Electronic nomination letters due to Alanna Ellis (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
November 15, 2017
|Selected nominees identified – Full PDF packet requested|
November 29, 2017
|Nominees must notify Academic programs if they accept or decline the nomination; email Alanna Ellis (email@example.com).|
January 10, 2018
|Electronic award packets due (PDF); email to Alanna Ellis (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
January 16, 2018
|Packets available for the selection committee on Academic Programs Awards Sharepoint site|
January 31, 2018
|Final ranking sheets from selection committee due; email to Alanna Ellis (email@example.com).|
|Faculty and Staff Award Reception|
- For individual awards the nominee must be an employee of the College of Agricultural, Human, and Natural Resource Sciences (CAHNRS) including staff, advisors, instructors, research faculty, and extension personnel. Any fractional appointment in the college during the year of the award nomination satisfies this criterion.
- Adjunct appointees are not eligible (faculty with regular appointment in one department of the college and adjunct appointment in another department either within or external to the college are eligible, providing they are the nominee of the department they primarily hold appointment).
- The nominee has not been a prior recipient of the individual award for which he or she is a nominee. There shall be no repeat winners of the same individual award. However a faculty or staff member may win more than one category of individual awards during his/her tenure with the college. Faculty/staff who have previously received an individual award within a category are also eligible for subsequent receipt of a team award. Similarly, faculty/staff who have previously received a team award are eligible to be a subsequent recipient of an individual award.
- For Team Awards, at least three (3) of the faculty, staff, or AP members must be employees of CAHNRS or WSU. Non-employees are eligible as team members providing their activities were predominately associated with work done at WSU.
- Only teams that are primarily funded through CAHNRS are eligible for team awards. Individuals not funded or on partial appointment in CAHNRS are not eligible for individual awards, but may be part of a team that is nominated for a team award.
- Unit administrators, faculty, staff, club representatives, and students may submit a nomination packet. Nominations are not anonymous.
- We encourage administrators, faculty, staff, or students to nominate deserving candidates from their department in as many categories as possible; we request nominations be limited to one person per department per category.
- Please discuss you intention to nominate a candidate with the department chair prior to submitting a letter to coordinate the process.
- A nomination packet should include:
- A prescreening committee will review the nomination letters and will choose three finalists for each award category. All finalists will receive a letter of acknowledgement from the Associate Dean, Academic Programs, and all finalists will be acknowledged at the Faculty and Staff Award Reception.
- If the nominee chooses to accept the nomination, they will be invited to fill out an electronic application packet. Department chairs/directors are highly encouraged to provide each finalist with assistance and support so that the primary burden of packet preparation does not hinder their willingness to participate.
- A Nominee Award Packet should include:
□ a 150 word biography for the CAHNRS website
□ a high resolution photo
□ the required application parts as outlined in the award descriptions below.
Descriptions of each award can be found by clicking on the following links:
- Administrative Professional Staff Excellence Award
- Administrative Professional Technical Staff Excellence Award
- Classified Clerical/ Fiscal Staff Excellence Award
- Classified Technical Staff Excellence Award
- Early Career Excellence Award
- Excellence in Advising Award
- Faculty Excellence in Research Award
- Faculty Excellence in Extension Award
- Land Grant Mission Award
- R.M. Wade Award for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- Team Interdisciplinary Award
If you have questions, please contact Alanna Ellis (335-9115) in Academic Programs.