The Outstanding Junior in Human Sciences Award is awarded to recognize the outstanding junior from the human science programs in the College of Agricultural, Human, and Natural Resource Sciences. The purpose of this award is to recognize outstanding scholastic accomplishments, leadership, and professional achievements while pursuing a career in human sciences as a WSU undergraduate.
The candidate must be a junior and a certified major in the College of Agricultural, Human, and Natural Resource Sciences by January 2018. Nomination by department chair, faculty or staff. One nomination for each major/option may be submitted. Qualifying majors: Apparel, Merchandising, Design and Textiles; Human Development; and Economic Sciences. We encourage each department to nominate deserving students enrolled in their majors.
Nomination Packet Guidelines
Submit one electronic PDF document that includes each of the following numbered documents and email the PDF to Alanna Ellis, firstname.lastname@example.org. Save and send the document with following format: nominee’s name-Outstanding Junior in Human Sciences.
Candidate Packet Materials:
- The Student Award Packet Cover Sheet should be the first page of a nominee’s award packet.
- Write a comprehensive one-page personal statement in Times New Roman, 12 point font. Describe your leadership skills, volunteer opportunities, internships, jobs, course work, club involvement as well as career goals and aspirations (other activities and interests may be included).
- Resume limit two pages, please include:
- Activities (within the Department, College, University, or community)
- Honors (within the Department, College, University, or community)
- Please identify if the community/public service activities are part of course requirements for college credit, internships, etc. Do not include high school honors/activities.
- Letters of recommendation (no more than three). One letter will be from the department chair or academic advisor; the other two can be from faculty, staff, or current/past employers. Letters should be limited to one page each.
- Include a copy of your unofficial WSU transcript.
- 150 word Biography, this will be used on the CAHNRS website.
- High Resolution Photo will be taken with Darrell Kilgore at a later date.
Selection committees review the award nominations and make their recommendations to the Associate Dean, Academic Programs.
All nominees will be acknowledged and the winner will be announced at the CAHNRS Honors Awards Banquet. The recipient will also receive a framed certificate.