Ways To Give
How you choose to give to CAHNRS is your choice, and we’re here to help you find the best way for you and your family. However you direct your generosity, you make a difference in the lives of students, faculty, and the CAHNRS Coug community.
- Cash or Check
- One of the easiest way to make a donation to CAHNRS is by check. Your check should be made payable to Washington State University. Please include a brief note instructing us which department or priority you would like to designate your gift to. You can learn more about where to give here.
Please send checks to:
CAHNRS Alumni and Friends
PO Box 646228
Pullman, WA 99164-6228
Cash gifts are also gladly accepted, though for security reasons, the university prefers that donations be sent via a check or given online.
- Gifts of Commodities
- If you are an active, self-employed farmer using cash basis accounting, there can be significant tax benefits from giving commodities instead of cash or check donation.
All Gifts of Commodities to WSU are welcome. Here’s how it works:
- If you are NOT an active, self-employed farmer, your gift will be receipted and you may take a charitable deduction.
- If you ARE an active, self-employed farmer using cash basis accounting, you may realize a greater benefit than provided by a charitable tax deduction by:
- Gifting commodities from unsold inventory produced in the preceding year. This way you can deduct all production costs while avoiding federal income tax and self-employment tax on the fair market value of your gift.
- Gifts of Grain: To maximize the tax benefits, have the local grain elevator make the receipt out to the WSU Foundation and let the Foundation know what area at WSU you would like to benefit.
The WSU Foundation must be the seller of the gifted crop. To learn more about the process, please visit: http://cahnrs.wsu.edu/alumni/giftsofgrain/
- Planned Giving
- The College of Agricultural, Human, and Natural Resource Sciences is committed to supporting and honoring our donors’ wishes. Your giving plan will be tailored to meet your interests and needs. Please contact one of our directors for more information about giving to CAHNRS and WSU Extension.
For more information about gift planning options, please visit the WSU Gift Planning website.
- Gifts of Land/Land Legacy
- One of the Land Legacy program’s primary goals is to preserve and sustain farms, ranches, orchards, forests, and other productive land. Working farms remain working farms, and the University manages the land for long-term sustainability.
All properties go through a careful review to make sure that the gift will be beneficial to all parties.
Land gifts can be designated to benefit virtually any of the University’s activities; you can direct your gift’s support toward what matters most to you.
Learn more at https://legacyofland.wsu.edu/