Agenda for WSU/USDA Plant Metabolomics Celebration
March 21, 2017
• 9 a.m., Welcome and Introductions at 402 Biotechnology Life Sciences Building by David Weller, Research Leader, Wheat Health, Genetics and Quality Research Unit, ARS-USDA.
• 9:15 a.m., Corporate Strategy and Collaboration Philosophy, Mike Harrington, Senior Vice President for Global Markets, Waters Corporation.
• 9:30 a.m., General Overview of Metabolomics System Workflow, Ken Rosnack, Principal Business Development Manager, Food & Environmental Markets at Waters Corporation.
• 9:50 a.m., Wheat Rhizosphere Metabolomics at Washington State University, with Bob Bonsall, Biochemistry Research Scientist, Senior Scientist, WSU, and David Weller, Research Leader, Wheat Health, Genetics and Quality Research Unit, ARS-USDA.
• 10:15-10:45 a.m., Break
• 10:45 a.m., Metabolomics and Genomics – How they work together, Jose Castro Perez, Director of Health Sciences Marketing, Waters Corporation.
• 11:05 a.m., Plant Tissue Imaging at Washington State University, Norman Lewis, Professor, Institute of Biological Chemistry, WSU.
• 11:25 a.m., Closing Talk
• 11:45 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Lunch & Discussions, First Floor Atrium, Vogel Plant Biosciences Building.
• 1:30-2:30 p.m., Ribbon Cutting for New Mass Spectrometer and Lab Tour, 330 Vogel Plant Biosciences Building.