Every unit will need personnel to serve in the following roles to ensure the quality and accuracy of the information on their website.
The point-person for a department, county, or unit web site. This individual will:
- Participate in advanced training; and
- Receive monthly in-depth analytics reports.
A Website Administrator’s responsibilities include:
- Maintain a well-organized site and menu navigational structure
- Maintain website users access
- Comment moderation, if activated. Expected turn-around time for legitimate inquiries made via comments is 48 hours.
- Review and approve content submitted by Website Authors
- Providing editorial oversight
- Providing basic support for Website Authors and Editors
- Interface with CAHNRS Communications web team for any custom design or functionality needs
- Interface with CAHNRS Communications web team for uploading of video media to the CAHNRS YouTube channel
- Review analytics reports to determine whether the site is effectively meeting its goals
A Website Editor’s responsibilities include:
- Reviewing content for Website Authors
- Checking for factual and grammatical accuracy
- Performing informal periodic reviews of content pages
- Submitting requests to Website Authors to update content
Primary content creators. A Website Author’s responsibilities include:
- Coordinating with the Website Administrator when creating new pages
- Keeping their content up-to-date (every page will have an assigned Author)
- Further responsibilities to be defined by the department or unit