Stephen Haterius Student Agriculture Leadership Program
The National Association of State Departments of Agriculture (NASDA), headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is seeking highly motivated students interested about the legislation and regulations that impact American agriculture.
What is NASDA?
NASDA is a nonpartisan, nonprofit association which represents the elected and appointed commissioners, secretaries, and directors of the departments of agriculture in all fifty states and four U.S. territories.
About the Internship
Applicants should be classified as a sophomore or greater by their academic institution and have excellent written and oral communication skills. A basic understanding of the legislative process is preferred but not required. This internship does provide a monthly stipend but housing is not provided. Start and end dates are flexible.
Intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Represent NASDA in Congressional hearings, conference calls, and other venues, and provide an analysis of these events to policy staff members
• Manage logistics, provide operational support, and interface with senior state and federal agriculture policy makers in a fast-paced environment during NASDA’s Annual Meeting (Fall) or Winter Policy Conference (Spring)
• Conduct research on various legislative issues of importance to NASDA’s membership
• Write articles covering various agricultural issues for NASDA’s weekly newsletters
• Monitor Congressional calendar and other office administrative duties as assigned
How to Apply
Submit the following documents to Carly Grether at email@example.com on or before the deadline for the semester that you are applying to intern.
• Cover letter
• Resume with GPA included
• Writing sample that is one to two pages in length related to any topic in agriculture
• Two letters of reference
Fall 2017 (August – December)
Apply by May 22, 2017
Spring 2018 (January – May)
Apply by October 27, 2017
Contact Us: Carly Grether | firstname.lastname@example.org | (202) 296-9680 | 4350 N. Fairfax Drive | Suite 910 |
Arlington, VA 22203 | www.nasda.org | @NASDANews on Twitter/Instagram | @NASDADC on Facebook