From the classroom to the real-world
Each semester, CAHNRS facilitates an internship application process to partner students with world-class faculty internship mentors to create a unique hands on learning experience in Pullman or at our Research and Extension and County Extension locations.
CAHNRS Academic Programs, the Agricultural Research Center, and Extension have pooled funding resources to create opportunities for CAHNRS undergraduate students to have an immersion-based teaching, research or extension internship experience. Through this support over 30 paid internship experiences are offered to students each school year. Opportunities unique to CAHNRS have students from all majors utilizing what they learn in the classroom to solve real-world problems in fields related to their major. Faculty mentors are encouraged to submit proposals to receive funding to take on a CAHNRS student intern.
How To Apply
- November 9, 2017 – Call for proposals for CAHNRS Undergraduate Internships for Spring/Summer 2018 (pdf)
- Nov. 30, 2017 – Proposals due to CAHNRS
- Dec. 15, 2017 – Faculty notified of selection decision
- Dec. 15, 2017 – Internship opportunities open for student application
- Jan. 11, 2018 – Student applications due
- Jan. 12, 2018 – Student applications sent to faculty mentors
- Jan. 31, 2018 – Faculty mentors notify CAHNRS of intern selection
- Feb. 2, 2018 – Official internship offers made to faculty mentors and interns
Faculty Mentor Documents
Examples of Previously Accepted Proposals