CAHNRS Faculty-led Study Abroad programs are initiated, designed, organized, and carried out by WSU CAHNRS faculty (and partnering colleges/institutes) all over the world within the fields of agricultural, human, and natural resource sciences.
You are not alone – we are here to help! Both the CAHNRS Global Experience Coordinator and the CAHNRS Faculty-led Programs Coordinator in the Office of International Programs are here to help you through this process. Let us help you shape the ideal program you envision that would best fit the needs of your students.
Where to Start
- Look at other successful previous and current WSU Faculty-Led programs to get an idea of the programs’ organization, partnerships, and process.
- Workshops on How to Lead a Faculty-led Abroad Program are offered throughout the year for CAHNRS faculty. These sessions provide information on proposal development, study abroad timelines, FAQs and tips from previous successful abroad programs, and much more. Please contact the CAHNRS Global Experience Coordinator for more information.
- Start early! Review the Faculty-Led Programs Timeline to align your future program with the most successful dates. Global Learning suggests starting the early design and planning process as soon as possible (18 to 24 months prior to the program dates).
- Explore and start the proposal process online through the WSU CAHNRS Faculty-led Proposal portal. Please note that only the person who initiates the online proposal will have access to it in the future. Proposals for Faculty-Led Programs must be submitted to Global Learning by the following deadlines: Fall Programs: Oct. 1 of the year prior to departure, Spring Programs: April 1 of the year prior to departure, and Summer Programs: July 1 of the year prior to departure.
- For additional questions, information on the proposal process, budgeting, and much more, please see the Faculty-led Programs Guide by the Office of International Programs.
- Scan the list of CAHNRS Faculty-led FAQs compiled by faculty of successful CAHNRS Faculty-led programs to avoid any challenges within the process.
I’m approved! Now how do I market my program?
The Office of International Programs suggests that approved Faculty-led Programs that are marketed at least two full semester prior to the term of departure have better recruitment and are more successful at maintaining applicants in order to run the program. Please see the CAHNRS Faculty-led Tips on Marketing for helpful information documented by CAHNRS faculty who have run successful abroad programs.