“The international opportunities with WSU showed me possibilities for the future. The highlight was seeing Rwandan and American students learn from each other. My dream is to advance local community development needs to improve food security in my home country—this was brought to life through my experiences and support from the CTLL International Immersion Program.”
– Cedric Habiyaremye, WSU Graduate Student
We believe in learning by doing. CTLL learning programs are multidisciplinary and experiential, bringing together students and faculty from diverse disciplines to apply the knowledge and skills learned in the classroom to real-world situations. The CTLL provides exciting hands-on learning opportunities that take students well beyond our traditional classrooms. The reach of our programs also extends beyond campus, both regionally and internationally. Our learning programs are well-planned, supervised, and assessed to ensure quality in academic inquiry, civic engagement, career development, cultural awareness and leadership.
International Immersion Experiences:
CTLL International Immersion creates opportunities for students to learn the language of global business, engage with complex interconnected global issues, gain opportunities to study and travel abroad, and become an empowered global citizen. We work with local partners to create a fully collaborative undertaking so that both students and local partners gain from the experience.
- Rwanda – Economics and Agri-business
- Brazil – Economics, Industry, and Collegiate Connections
- Ecuador – Agro-Ecology
- Ireland – Natural Resources Science
Find out more about our past trips on our Storify.
Interested in international experience? Contact Caitlin Bletscher.
Application deadline: January 20, 2017
- Experience subtropical agriculture in the Colombian climate, economic & social structure.
- Learn about biological crop protection for sustainable pest management.
- Gain communication and presentation skills for global industrial and academic settings.
- Study International Politics in Costa Rica!
- Costa Rica is an ideal place for learning about international politics—the country is an active member of the international community, and its record on the environment, human rights, and neutrality give it a weight in global affairs far beyond its size. Thus, Costa Rica offers an exceptional backdrop for learning more about international politics, trade, war and conflict, and cooperation.
- The faculty-led program provides an introduction to international politics with a taste of global culture. Expert guest speakers will supplement faculty lectures and classroom discussions to further bring to life course material and their relevance to local issues. Site excursions to UN’s University for Peace and the Inter-American Court of Human Rights, walking tours of the city and local market, and a weekend cultural excursion to Arenal volcano and beautiful Monteverde “cloud forest” provide a glimpse of this biodiversity hotspot, rich in fauna and flora. While living with a host family, students will be immersed in the Costa Rican culture firsthand.
- Gain industry desired experience and skills through visiting top vendors/manufacturers for the U.S. fashion brands and companies.
- Learn cross-cultural di_erences between China and the U.S. and understand business norms /practices in China.
- Sightsee world famous cultural/historic sites.
- Hear from former combatants from each side of the Irish “troubles” , now both highly respected peacemakers.
- Explore the city of Dublin, beautiful and culturally rich, and also see the acclaimed coastal vista of County Kerry!
- Learn from local experts on the culture and history of the area and the management of its rich environmental resources.
Agricultural Sciences (Australia, New Zealand, and China)
Natural Sciences (Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, and China)
Human Development (Australia, New Zealand, China, and Southeast Asia)
School of Design and Construction (Australia, New Zealand, China, and Thailand)
For more information about International Development Club opportunities, go here.
CAHNRS Farm To Cup 2015 Rwanda