WENATCHEE — Public notification of a pending cleanup of a 30-foot by 70-foot plot of land used to study disposal of unused pesticide formulations was published in Friday’s (7/18/97) Wenatchee World newspaper.
The plot is on property of the Washington State University Tree Fruit Research and Extension Center, 1100 N. Western Ave., Wenatchee.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has issued an environmental assessment of the cleanup plan and invited public comment. Comments must be submitted in writing by August 18, 1997, to Robert M. Lee, EPA, AEREB, Mail Code 3204, 401 M Street SW, Washington DC 20460.
– 30 –
- Avoid Herbicide Drift and Damage to Susceptible Crops or Plants
- Pesticide Use Rises as Herbicide-resistant Weeds Undermine Performance of Major GE Crops, New WSU Study Shows
- Summary of Major Findings and Definitions of Important Terms
- WSU Extension Launches Irrigated Agriculture Information Service
- Free Pesticide Licensing Classes in Spanish Offered in Rochester
How many varieties of wheat has WSU developed?
Sentence or two with more info about the subject.