Download an official copy of this statement.
September 12, 2013
The purpose of this communication is to state officially and publically that Washington State University, as an institution, along with the College of Agricultural, Human, and Natural Resource Sciences, is neutral on Initiative 522 (I-522). Washington State University does not take a stance on the general GMO issue or any specific piece of legislation. Our role as one of Washington State’s premier research universities is limited to providing objective, science-based information to inform decision makers. While faculty have the right to express their own opinion as individual citizens, any position taken for or against I-522 by a faculty member does not represent the position of Washington State University, nor the College of Agricultural, Human, and Natural Resource Sciences.
Daniel J. Bernardo
Provost and Executive Vice President
Washington State University
Ron C. Mittelhammer
College of Agricultural, Human, and Natural Resource Sciences
- Cultivating veterans: Finding peace with a shovel and pitchfork
- Partnership and economic growth the focus as construction starts on the Wine Science Center
- Human and robot team up for high-tech fruit harvest
- WSU leads development of heat-tolerant grain
- Washington Cherry, Stone Fruit Growers Approve $5 Million Special Project Assessment to Support WSU Research, Extension
How many varieties of wheat has WSU developed?
Sentence or two with more info about the subject.