Affect contagion between mothers and infants: examining valence and touch, near infrared spectroscopy to predict bitter pit development in different varieties of apples, and more.
This week, 7 new articles co-authored by CAHNRS faculty, students, and staff (in bold type) were added to the Web of Science database. (Articles are linked to abstracts only).
1. Title: Near infrared spectroscopy to predict bitter pit development in different varieties of apples
Authors: Jarolmasjed, Sanaz; Espinoza, Carlos Zuniga; Sankaran, Sindhuja
Source: JOURNAL OF FOOD MEASUREMENT AND CHARACTERIZATION, 11 (3):987-993; SEP 2017
2. Title: Susceptibility of Weedy Hosts from Pacific Northwest Potato Production Systems to Crop-Aggressive Isolates of Verticillium dahliae
Authors: Frederick, Z. A.; Cummings, T. F.; Johnson, D. A.
Source: PLANT DISEASE, 101 (8):1500-1506 AUG 2017
3. Title: Changes of Races and Virulence Genes in Puccinia striiformis f. sp tritici, the Wheat Stripe Rust Pathogen, in the United States from 1968 to 2009
Authors: Liu, Tinglan; Wan, Anmin; Liu, Dengcai; Chen, Xianming
Source: PLANT DISEASE, 101 (8):1522-1532 AUG 2017
4. Title: The Physiological Functions and Structural Determinants of Catalytic Bias in the [FeFe]-Hydrogenases CpI and CpII of Clostridium pasteurianum Strain W5
Authors: Therien, Jesse B.; Artz, Jacob H.; Poudel, Saroj; Hamilton, Trinity L.; Liu, Zhenfeng; Noone, Seth M.; Adams, Michael W. W.; King, Paul W.; Bryant, Donald A.; Boyd, Eric S.; Peters, John W.
Source: FRONTIERS IN MICROBIOLOGY, JUL 12 2017
5. Title: Upregulation of heme oxygenase-1 mediates the anti-inflammatory activity of casein glycomacropeptide (GMP) hydrolysates in LPS-stimulated macrophages
Authors: Li, Tiange; Cheng, Xue; Du, Min; Chen, Bin; Mao, Xueying
Source: FOOD & FUNCTION, 8 (7):2475-2484; JUL 1 2017
6. Title: Genetic structure of a QTL hotspot on chromosome 2 in sweet cherry indicates positive selection for favorable haplotypes
Authors: Cai, Lichun; Voorrips, Roeland E.; van de Weg, Eric; Peace, Cameron; Iezzoni, Amy
Source: MOLECULAR BREEDING, 37 (7): JUL 2017
7. Title: Affect Contagion Between Mothers and Infants: Examining Valence and Touch
Authors: Waters, Sara F.; West, Tessa V.; Karnilowicz, Helena R.; Mendes, Wendy Berry
Source: JOURNAL OF EXPERIMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY-GENERAL, 146 (7):1043-1051; JUL 2017