Microbial substrate preference dictated by energy demand rather than supply, sequential hydrothermal liquefaction characterization and nutrient recovery assessment, and more.
This week, 6 new articles co-authored by CAHNRS faculty, students, and staff (in bold type) were added to the Web of Science database. (Articles are linked to abstracts only).
1. Title: Effects of diluents and plasma on honey bee (Apis mellifera L.) drone frozen-thawed semen fertility
Authors: Gul, Aziz; Sahinler, Nuray; Onal, Ali G.; Hopkins, Brandon K.; Sheppard, Walter S.
Source: THERIOGENOLOGY, 101 109-113; 10.1016/j.theriogenology.2017.06.020 OCT 1 2017
2. Title: Characterization of molecular diversity and genome-wide mapping of loci associated with resistance to stripe rust and stem rust in Ethiopian bread wheat accessions
Authors: Muleta, Kebede T.; Rouse, Matthew N.; Rynearson, Sheri; Chen, Xianming; Buta, Bedada G.; Pumphrey, Michael O.
Source: BMC PLANT BIOLOGY, 17 AUG 4 2017
3. Title: Structural Basis for the Mechanism of ATP-Dependent Acetone Carboxylation
Authors: Mus, Florence; Eilers, Brian J.; Alleman, Alexander B.; Kabasakal, Burak V.; Wells, Jennifer N.; Murray, James W.; Nocek, Boguslaw P.; DuBois, Jennifer L.; Peters, John W.
Source: SCIENTIFIC REPORTS, 7 AUG 3 2017
4. Title: Microbial substrate preference dictated by energy demand rather than supply
Authors: Amenabar, Maximiliano J.; Shock, Everett L.; Roden, Eric E.; Peters, John W.; Boyd, Eric S.
Source: NATURE GEOSCIENCE, 10 (8):577-+; AUG 2017
5. Title: Reduction Potentials of [FeFe]-Hydrogenase Accessory Iron-Sulfur Clusters Provide Insights into the Energetics of Proton Reduction Catalysis
Authors: Artz, Jacob H.; Mulder, David W.; Ratzloff, Michael W.; Lubner, Carolyn E.; Zadvornyy, Oleg A.; LeVan, Axl X.; Williams, S. Garrett; Adams, Michael W. W.; Jones, Anne K.; King, Paul W.; Peters, John W.
Source: JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY, 139 (28):9544-9550; JUL 19 2017
6. Title: Sequential Hydrothermal Liquefaction characterization and nutrient recovery assessment
Authors: Martinez-Fernandez, Jose S.; Chen, Shulin
Source: ALGAL RESEARCH-BIOMASS BIOFUELS AND BIOPRODUCTS, 25 274-284; JUL 2017