Responses of Aphid Vectors of Potato leaf roll virus to Potato Varieties, exploring Japanese consumers’ cultural meanings and consumption of American fashion, and more.
This week, 18 new articles co-authored by CAHNRS faculty, students, and staff (in bold type) were added to the Web of Science database. (Articles are linked to abstracts only).
- Title: Improvement in the quantification of reducing sugars by miniaturizing the Somogyi-Nelson assay using a microtiter plate
Authors: Shao, Yijing; Lin, Amy Hui-Mei
Source: FOOD CHEMISTRY, 240 898-903; FEB 1 2018
- Title: Validation and characterization of a QTL for adult plant resistance to stripe rust on wheat chromosome arm 6BS (Yr78)
Authors: Dong, Zhenzhen; Hegarty, Joshua M.; Zhang, Junli; Zhang, Wenjun; Chao, Shiaoman; Chen, Xianming; Zhou, Yonghong; Dubcovsky, Jorge
Source: THEORETICAL AND APPLIED GENETICS, 130 (10):2127-2137; OCT 2017
- Title: Responses of Aphid Vectors of Potato leaf roll virus to Potato Varieties
Authors: Mondal, Shaonpius; Wenninger, Erik J.; Hutchinson, Pamela J. S.; Whitworth, Jonathan L.; Shrestha, Deepak; Eigenbrode, Sanford D.; Bosque-Perez, Nilsa A.; Snyder, William E.
Source: PLANT DISEASE, 101 (10):1812-1818; OCT 2017
- Title: Zebra chip disease enhances respiration and oxidative stress of potato tubers (Solanum tuberosum L.)
Authors: Kumar, G. N. Mohan; Knowles, Lisa O.; Knowles, N. Richard
Source: PLANTA, 246 (4):625-639; OCT 2017
- Title: How to increase student participation and engagement using Padlet: A case study of collaborative discussion in an animal sciences course.
Authors: Sundararajan, N.; Maquivar, M. G.
Source: JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE, 95 356-356; 4 AUG 2017
- Title: Effect of an active learning classroom on critical thinking dispositions, motivation to go to class, social community, and learning skills in an animal Sciences course
Authors: Maquivar, M. G.; Sundararajan, N.
Source: JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE, 95 355-355; 4 AUG 2017
- Title: How much does a ram lose during the breeding season? Assessment of pre- and postbreeding reproductive traits of rams in a range flock in the Pacific Northwest.
Authors: Stotts, M. J.; Corpron, M. R.; Moffitt, N. R.; Mutch, J. L.; Smith, S. M.; Busboom, J. R.; Benson, M. E.; Maquivar, M. G.
Source: JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE, 95 328-329; 4 AUG 2017
- Title: The role of diet composition fed during residual feed intake determinations and the impact of the diet on the gene sets associated with efficiency as determined by a gene set enrichment analysis
Authors: Mutch, J. L.; Neibergs, H. L.; Neupane, M.; Michal, J. J.; Garrick, D. J.; Kerley, M. S.; Shike, D. W.; Beever, J. E.; Hansen, S. L.; Taylor, J. F.; Johnson, K. A.
Source: JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE, 95 287-288; 4 AUG 2017
- Title: Vitamin A, Zfp423 and intramuscular adipogenesis in beef cattle.
Authors: Harris, C. L.; Du, M.; Nelson, M. L.; Busboom, J. R.
Source: JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE, 95 260-260; 4 AUG 2017
- Title: Is the time of insemination linked with the reproductive response of the animal? Assessment of follicular size at fixed-time artificial insemination and behavioral patterns in beef cattle following seven-day CO-Synch plus controlled internal drug release estrus synchronization protocol.
Authors: Corpron, M. R.; Griffiths, R.; Parish, S.; Maquivar, M. G.
Source: JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE, 95 58-59; 4 AUG 2017
- Title: ‘Sunbelt’ as a Possible ‘Concord’ Juice Grape Partner in a Warming World
Authors: Keller, Markus; Mills, Lynn J.
Source: HORTTECHNOLOGY, 27 (4):557-562; AUG 2017
- Title: Multi-Locus Mixed Model Analysis Of Stem Rust Resistance In Winter Wheat
Authors: Mihalyov, Paul D.; Nichols, Virginia A.; Bulli, Peter; Rouse, Matthew N.; Pumphrey, Michael O.
Source: PLANT GENOME, 10 (2): JUL 2017
- Title: Genetic analysis of soft white wheat end-use quality traits in a club by common wheat cross
Authors: Jernigan, Kendra L.; Morris, Craig F.; Zemetra, Robert; Chen, Jianli; Garland-Campbell, Kimberly; Carter, Arron H.
Source: JOURNAL OF CEREAL SCIENCE, 76 148-156; JUL 2017
- Title: Identification of SNPs, QTLs, and dominant markers associated with wheat grain flavor using genotyping-by-sequencing
Authors: Kiszonas, Alecia M.; Boehm, Jeffrey D., Jr.; See, Deven; Morris, Craig F.
Source: JOURNAL OF CEREAL SCIENCE, 76 140-147; JUL 2017
- Title: Identification of gene and gene sets enriched for heifer conception rate in US Holstein heifers
Authors: Dalton, J.; Burns, G. W.; Spencer, T. E.; Neibergs, H. L.
Source: JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE, 95 12-13; 2 MAR 2017
- Title: Exploring Japanese consumers’ cultural meanings and consumption of American fashion
Authors: Lee, Juyoung; Son, Jihyeong
Source: INTERNATIONAL REVIEW OF RETAIL DISTRIBUTION AND CONSUMER RESEARCH, 27 (2):207-223; 2017
- Title: Asset Mapping, the Social Fabric Matrix, Economic Impact Analysis, and Criteria for Sustainability and Justice: Operational Elements for Holistic Policy Planning
Authors: Underwood, Daniel A.; Friesner, Dan
Source: JOURNAL OF ECONOMIC ISSUES, 51 (3):813-827; 2017
- Title: Botrytis euroamericana, a new species from peony and grape in North America and Europe
Authors: Garfinkel, Andrea R.; Lorenzini, Marilinda; Zapparoli, Giacomo; Chastagner, Gary A.
Source: MYCOLOGIA, 109 (3):495-507; 2017