Physicochemical characterization of different varieties of quinoa, systemic effects of a high saturated fat diet in grizzly bears, and more.
This week, 12 new articles co-authored by CAHNRS faculty, students, and staff (in bold type) were added to the Web of Science database. (Articles are linked to abstracts only).
- Title: Biosolids and conservation tillage: Impacts on soil fungal communities in dryland wheat-fallow cropping systems
Authors: Schlatter, Daniel C.; Schillinger, William F.; Bary, Andy I.; Sharratt, Brenton; Paulitz, Timothy C.
Source: SOIL BIOLOGY & BIOCHEMISTRY, 115 556-567; DEC 2017
- Title: The balancing act of foraging: mammalian herbivores trade-off multiple risks when selecting food patches
Authors: Camp, M. J.; Shipley, L. A.; Johnson, T. R.; Olsoy, P. J.; Forbey, J. S.; Rachlow, J. L.; Thornton, D. H.
Source: OECOLOGIA, 185 (4):537-549; DEC 2017
- Title: Imaging cellulose synthase motility during primary cell wall synthesis in the grass Brachypodium distachyon
Authors: Liu, Derui; Zehfroosh, Nina; Hancock, Brandon L.; Hines, Kevin; Fang, Wenjuan; Kilfoil, Maria; Learned-Miller, Erik; Sanguinet, Karen A.; Goldner, Lori S.; Baskin, Tobias I.
Source: SCIENTIFIC REPORTS, 7 NOV 8 2017
- Title: Genome-Wide Association Study Reveals Novel Genes Associated with Culm Cellulose Content in Bread Wheat (Triticum aestivum, L.)
Authors: Kaur, Simerjeet; Zhang, Xu; Mohan, Amita; Dong, Haixiao; Vikram, Prashant; Singh, Sukhwinder; Zhang, Zhiwu; Gill, Kulvinder S.; Dhugga, Kanwarpal S.; Singh, Jaswinder
Source: FRONTIERS IN PLANT SCIENCE, 8 NOV 6 2017
- Title: Systemic effects of a high saturated fat diet in grizzly bears (Ursus arctos horribilis)
Authors: Rivet, D. R.; Nelson, O. L.; Vella, C. A.; Jansen, H. T.; Robbins, C. T.
Source: CANADIAN JOURNAL OF ZOOLOGY, 95 (11):797-807; NOV 2017
- Title: Influence of Low-Molecular-Weight Glutenin Subunit Haplotypes on Dough Rheology in Elite Common Wheat Varieties
Authors: Ibba, Maria I.; Kiszonas, Alecia M.; Morris, Craig F.
Source: CEREAL CHEMISTRY, 94 (6):1016-1027; NOV-DEC 2017
- Title: Retinoic acid induces white adipose tissue browning by increasing adipose vascularity and inducing beige adipogenesis of PDGFR alpha(+) adipose progenitors
Authors: Wang, Bo; Fu, Xing; Liang, Xingwei; Deavila, Jeanene M.; Wang, Zhixiu; Zhao, Liang; Tian, Qiyu; Zhao, Junxing; Gomez, Noe Alberto; Trombetta, Sophie C.; Zhu, Mei-Jun; Du, Min
Source: CELL DISCOVERY, 3 OCT 10 2017
- Title: TWO NEW SPECIES OF MACROSIPHUM PASSERINI (HEMIPTERA: APHIDIDAE) FROM DRY FORESTS OF WESTERN UNITED STATES
Authors: Jensen, Andrew S.
Source: PROCEEDINGS OF THE ENTOMOLOGICAL SOCIETY OF WASHINGTON, 119 (4):580-600; OCT 2017
- Title: Lifecycle economic analysis of biofuels: Accounting for economic substitution in policy assessment
Authors: Liu, Boying; Shumway, C. Richard; Yoder, Jonathan K.
Source: ENERGY ECONOMICS, 67 146-158; SEP 2017
- Title: Effects of Bran Prehydration on Functional Characteristics and Bread-Baking Quality of Bran and Flour Blends
Authors: Park, Eun Young; Fuerst, E. Patrick; Baik, Byung-Kee
Source: CEREAL CHEMISTRY, 94 (5):834-839; SEP-OCT 2017
- Title:Physicochemical Characterization of Different Varieties of Quinoa
Authors: Aluwi, Nicole A.; Murphy, Kevin M.; Ganjyal, Girish M.
Source: CEREAL CHEMISTRY, 94 (5):847-856; SEP-OCT 2017
- Title: Pasta Production: Complexity in Defining Processing Conditions for Reference Trials and Quality Assessment Methods
Authors: Murray, Jessica C.; Kiszonas, Alecia M.; Morris, Craig F.
Source: CEREAL CHEMISTRY, 94 (5):791-797; SEP-OCT 2017