The Washington Tree Fruit Research Commission, in partnership with the Oregon Sweet Cherry Commission, is accepting pre-proposals for new funding consideration for the 2018 Northwest Cherry Research Review. The Review will be held at the Red Lion, Pasco, WA November 9, 2017. The cherry committees for Oregon and Washington updated its 2016 industry survey of research priorities which is attached for reference. The committees will take these research priorities into consideration when reviewing pre-proposals.
All pre-proposals must be submitted using the “Pre-proposal form” which can be found on our website at http://treefruitresearch.org/proposals-reports/pre-proposals . Complete the required information and submit via email to me by the deadline date. Pre-proposal files will be compiled and distributed to the OR and WA cherry committees for review and ranking. (Note: pre-proposal submissions are for new proposals only. Continuing and final reports do not require pre-proposal submission.) By September 22, researchers will be notified whether or not they are invited to present their full proposal at the Review.
Here are important dates to remember:
- Pre-proposals submission deadline: August 31 – 5:00pm PST
- Deadline for submission of approved proposals plus continuing & final reports: October 18 – 5:00pm PST
- PowerPoint show submission: November 6 – 5:00pm PST
1) Pre-proposal are due at the ARC by August 28, 2017 at 4:00pm. ARC will forward all pre-proposals to WTFRC by the deadline date of August 31, 2017 at 5:00pm.
Send your pre-proposal(s) to Katy Roberts via email at email@example.com. NOTE: All submissions must be submitted using the “Pre-proposal form” which can be found on WTFRC website at http://treefruitresearch.org/proposals-reports/pre-proposals. Complete the required information and submit to me by the deadline date.
2) Pre-proposal approval notification(s) will be sent by September 22, 2017. Note: Pre-proposal submissions are for new proposals only. Continuing and final reports do not require pre-proposal submission.
3) Approved new proposals and continuing proposals are due at ARC by October 16th, 2017. Send them to Katy Roberts electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: Have your budgets approved before submitting your proposal to ARC.
Approved new proposals and continuing proposals are due at WTFRC by 5 PM on October 18th, 2017. NOTE: ARC will be submitting the proposals to WTFRC. Please check out WTFRC website for the latest forms.
4) The Northwest Cherry Research Review will be held at the Red Lion in Pasco, Washington on November 9, 2017.
Note: Final Reports should be sent directly to WTFRC