Earth and Space Science Teaching Endorsement
Applicants who meet the minimum requirements below are eligible for consideration, but not assured admission. Enrollment is limited and admission is competitive. Admission deadlines are September 28 and February 28 with admission effective the following term. Candidates must complete formal admission procedures and be admitted to the teacher education program prior to taking any professional education course work beyond TCH_LRN 301 AND 317. The following minimum criteria must be met for consideration for admission.
- Completion, within the last three years, of 80 hours of supervised work with children or youth in a diverse setting.
- Completion of at least 45 semester hours of course work.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50.
- Engl 201 or equivalent composition course with a minimum grade of C.
- A state mandated basic skills test (WEST-B) is required. Registration is abailable at www.west.nesinc.com. Your application will not be considered if you do not have a passing score in all three sections of the WEST-B by the end of the semester in which you apply.
- An interview and writing sample may be required.
- Secondary Majors: Nine hours of course work in the primary endorsement area.
- Certified in major department: Major department may have additional criteria for teaching option that may be required.
- A personal goal statement of two double-spaced, typewritten pages. The purpose of this statement is two fold: (1) for us to better understand who you are and why you want to be a teacher; and (2) to assess the quality of your critical thinking and writing skills. See application for writing prompts.
Admission to, or continued enrollment in, the teacher education program may be denied a candidate on the basis of review by the faculty.
For more information on the Earth and Space Science Teaching Endorsement, visit:http://admission.wsu.edu/academics/fos/public/field.castle?id=7858