Washington State University’s College of Agricultural, Human, and Natural Resource Sciences
cordially invites you to our Virtual 2020 Fall Career & Internship Networking Night
This exciting networking opportunity provides virtual space to help students learn about your organization in group sessions. Additionally, you can schedule one-on-one appointments to meet with students exclusively from Agricultural, Economic, and Natural Resources Sciences.
Please take advantage of this opportunity to promote career and internship offerings and to interact with students during the information session.
October 5, 2020
4:00 to 7:00 p.m.
Washington State University
Registration Fee: $150.00
Registration Deadline: Thursday, September 30th
Virtual Fair will be conducted through Handshake:
- Companies will need to have a Handshake account to participate with our virtual networking night.
- Companies will select time slots for group sessions.
- Companies can schedule one-on-one appointments with students.
- Companies will have the ability to view students resumes through Handshake.
- Handshake will provide training sessions prior to our virtual event to prepare your representatives.
Requests for registration cancellation must be made in writing to the CAHNRS Internship Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Event expenses are incurred based on the number of registrants; therefore, NO request for release of obligation or refund will be granted if received by CAHNRS less than 14 days prior to the event. Any requests before 14 days will be refunded in full.
Please email your questions or concerns to the CAHNRS Internship & Career Development Coordinator Herb Lengel at email@example.com or call (509)335-0049.
We will email additional information to participating companies as the event becomes closer.
Herb Lengel will work with individual companies that would like to recruit in the fall. Given the current Covid guidelines, groupings of over 50 individuals are not permitted but this is subject to change. After our virtual networking night, we will schedule interview space for you on-campus, if you wish to do so. We are very happy to work with your individual company to design the best recruiting program for your needs.
We want to make sure that you & your team our ready for our event. Please make sure that you take the time to setup your information sessions and one-on-one appointments with students. This must be done ahead of time so that students can signup for your sessions.
Once you register, you will get an email from Handshake allowing you to build your schedule. Ensure you have your entire team lined out, as you will only be able to set your line-up once.
You can construct your day with
- 10 minutes
- Student requirements can be set (major, school year, etc.)
- Make yourself unavailable for times you don’t want to meet students (breaks, etc.)
- 30 minutes
- Open to any students
- Capped at 50 participants
We ran a test expo, here are some things we learned:
- You are allowed to go over the ten minute time limit. If you think you will, make yourself unavailable every other time slot.
- Students can sign up for an open time slot 5 minutes before it starts. A notification appears on your schedule home screen that your schedule has changed.
- The group session defaults to whoever is making any noise. We recommend asking them to mute themselves until the Q & A.
- Group sessions do not allow for virtual backgrounds.
Handshake’s Virtual Career Fair
Employer Schedule Building
Virtual Fair Training Webinar for Employers
Creating A Schedule
Handshake Drop-In Hours