Prescreening Application Nomination Letter
Submit the Faculty & Staff Award Nomination Form as well as a one-page electronic letter outlining the justification for the nomination and outlining the individual’s award-worthy accomplishments to Alanna Ellis in Academic Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Award Packet Guidelines
If you are selected as a finalist, you will be asked to prepare a final packet. Page format is as follows:
Submit one electronic PDF document that includes each of the following numbered documents and email the PDF to Alanna Ellis, email@example.com. Save and send the document with following format: nominee’s name-Administrative Professional Staff.
- Award Packet Cover Form
The nomination cover form can be found by clicking on the following: Faculty & Staff Award Packet Cover Sheet
- Narrative specific to the nominee’s position of Administrative Professional Staff. It should be noted that only activities conducted after starting employment with the College of Agricultural, Human, and Natural Resource Sciences (CAHNRS) are to be included in the nomination package. The narrative summary should not exceed three (3) single spaced pages (Times New Roman, 12 point).
- Brief description of job position, responsibilities, and clientele.
- Performance in the nominee’s assigned duties (job excellence, initiative, creativity, pro-active, continued self-improvement/ education, efficiency, timeliness, conscientiousness)
- Professionalism (motivational/mentor to others, ethical behavior, positive attitude, inspiration to others)
- Contribution to workplace harmony and quality (teamwork and team building, camaraderie, effective communication, interpersonal skills, flexibility)
- “Beyond the Call of Duty” (contributions to the College’s/Extension’s mission, image, goals, and service to the community)
- What characteristics, not listed above, make this individual an outstanding nominee?
- Letters of Support
These should be organized into categories — department chair/director (required), peers, current and former students/clientele or other with no more than two (2) letters in each category. If the chair or director nominated the individual, that letter can suffice for the required letter in this section. Do not exceed seven (7) letters total. Letters of support should be included in the single PDF document.
- 150 Word Biography for CAHNRS Website
- A High Resolution Photo
- Award Packet Cover Form
Selection committees review the award nominations and make their recommendations to the Associate Dean, Academic Programs.
Announcement – All employee candidates who have been nominated will be notified prior to the event of the decision. A formal announcement will be made at the Faculty Staff Awards Social, date to be determined. No other public announcements will be made until after the event.
Intention: The Classified Staff and Administrative Professional (AP) Excellence Awards recognize contributions to a productive workplace through leadership and collegial activities, as well as professional and ethical behavior. These awards recognize the quality and quantity of the recipient’s work and contributions to the college’s mission, image, and goals.