Intention: The Classified Staff and Administrative Professional (AP) Excellence Award recognizes contributions to a productive workplace through leadership and collegial activities, as well as professional and ethical behavior. These awards recognize the quality and quantity of the recipient’s work and contributions to the college’s mission, image, and goals.
Award Packet Guidelines
Submit one electronic PDF document that includes each of the following numbered documents and email the PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Save and send the document with the following format: nominee’s name-Classified Technical Staff Award.
- Nomination Cover Form
The nomination cover form can be found by clicking on the following: Faculty & Staff Award Packet Cover Sheet
- Narrative specific to the nominee’s position of Classified Technical Staff. It should be noted that only activities conducted after starting employment with the College of Agricultural, Human, and Natural Resource Sciences (CAHNRS) are to be included in the nomination package. The narrative summary should not exceed three (3) single-spaced pages (Times New Roman, 12 point).
- Brief description of job position, responsibilities, and clientele.
- Performance in the nominee’s assigned duties (job excellence, initiative, creativity, pro-active, continued self-improvement/ education, efficiency, timeliness, conscientiousness)
- Professionalism (motivational/mentor to others, ethical behavior, positive attitude, inspiration to others)
- Contribution to workplace harmony and quality (teamwork and team building, camaraderie, effective communication, interpersonal skills, flexibility)
- “Beyond the Call of Duty” (contributions to the College’s/Extension’s mission, image, goals, and service to the community)
- What characteristics, not listed above, make this individual an outstanding nominee?
- Letters of Support
These should be organized into categories — department chair/director (required), peers, current and former students/clientele or other with no more than two (2) letters in each category. If the chair or director nominated the individual, that letter can suffice for the required letter in this section. Do not exceed seven (7) letters total. Letters of support should be included in the single PDF document.
- 150-word Biography for CAHNRS website
- A High Resolution Photo
- Nomination Cover Form
Selection committees review the award nominations and make their recommendations to the Associate Dean, Academic Programs.
Announcement – All employee candidates who have been nominated will be notified prior to the event of the decision. A formal announcement will be made at the CAHNRS Faculty & Staff Awards Reception. No other public announcements will be made until after the event banquet.