December 2018, May 2019 or August 2019 graduating seniors are eligible. Nomination by department chair, faculty or staff. One nomination for each major/option may be submitted. Qualifying majors: Agricultural Biotechnology; Agricultural Education; Agricultural and Food Business Economics; Agricultural Technology and Production Management; Agriculture and Food Security; Animal Sciences; Economic Sciences – Agricultural Economics option; Environmental and Ecosystem Sciences; Field Crop Management; Food Science; Forestry; Fruit and Vegetable Management; Landscape, Nursery, and Greenhouse Management; Organic Agriculture Systems; Turfgrass Management; Viticulture and Enology; Wildlife Ecology and Conservation Sciences. We encourage each department to nominate deserving students enrolled in their majors.
Nomination Packet Guidelines
Submit one electronic PDF document that includes each of the following numbered documents and email the PDF to Alanna Ellis, firstname.lastname@example.org. Save and send the document with following format: nominee’s name-Aggie of the Year.
Candidate Packet Materials:
- The Student Award Packet Cover Sheet should be the first page of a nominee’s award packet.
- Write a comprehensive one-page personal statement in Times New Roman, 12 point font. Describe your leadership skills, volunteer opportunities, internships, jobs, course work, club involvement as well as your career goals and aspirations (other activities and interests may be included).
- Resume limit two pages, please include:
- Activities (within the Department, College, University, or community)
- Honors (within the Department, College, University, or community)
- Please identify if the community/public service activities are part of course requirements for college credit, internships, etc. Do not include high school honors/activities.
- Letters of recommendation (no more than three). One letter will be from the department chair or academic advisor; the other two can be from faculty, staff, or current/past employers. Letters should be limited to one page each.
- Include a copy of your unofficial WSU transcript.
- 150 word Biography this will be used on the CAHNRS website.
- High Resolution Photo will be taken with Darrell Kilgore at a later date.
Selection committees review the award nominations and make their recommendations to the Associate Dean, Academic Programs.
All nominees will be acknowledged and the winner will be announced at the CAHNRS Honors Awards Banquet. The recipient will receive a framed certificate and will have the opportunity to be the CAHNRS Banner Carrier at the WSU May Commencement.