What is mindfulness?
- the quality or state of being conscious or aware of something.
- a mental state achieved by focusing one’s awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one’s feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations, used as a therapeutic technique.
The mindfulness program through the CTLL will help you become more aware of your state of mind. Mindfulness is an easily developed skill. Take an active stance on your own wellbeing and get ready to change your life.
Being Present is its Own Reward
Thrive to 25 is a series of mindfulness programs designed to help WSU flourish. We commend this community’s commitment to setting new standards of excellence and achieving extraordinary results in scholarship and research as part of the “Drive to 25” initiative. However, in the collective efforts to “strive and drive,” we anticipate that many of you will experience increasing stress, heavier workloads and additional pressures to perform.
As such, the CTLL is hosting events, sponsoring workshops and serving as a “hub” to help you find mindfulness practices that work best for your busy life. Check in here to find out about upcoming mindfulness events and resources to help you thrive.
Material and mindfulness skills can be taught through both direct teaching and through the use of clinical examples. Past workshops have seen participants:
- Understand the value and importance of mindfulness awareness practices
- Experience mindfulness practices that can inform daily living
- Be inspired and informed by WSU mindfulness-related research and opportunities
- Access networking opportunities for like minded individuals living on the Palouse