- This event has passed.
Holiday Wreath Making Workshop
December 7, 2012 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm$20 – $25
Making your own holiday wreath is a fun and money-saving activity for your family. Homemade wreaths or “wreath kits” also make great gifts and can even be a source of supplemental income. In this workshop you’ll learn how to make your own wreath or wreath kit, get some ideas for small-scale marketing of special forest products, and enjoy a potluck dinner and fellowship with other forest owners in a historic building. We’ll also have forest-themed crafts and cookie decorating for the kids (or kids at heart!).
- A large ring for a wreath
- A small ring and a box for a wreath kit
- Wire and tools
- Instruction and demonstration
- Children’s activities
- Hot Cider (and coffee)
What to Bring
- Evergreen boughs from your forests (redcedar, Douglas-fir, true fir, pine, hemlock)
- Cones (pine works best, but Douglas-fir can also work)
- A potluck dish to share
Friday December 7, 2012
6:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Preston Community Center
8625 310th Ave SE, Preston, WA 98027. (Map and Directions).
- $20 per family (includes one set of materials) before December 1, 2012
- $25 December 1st or later
- Additional set of materials: $10
Space is limited and is first-come, first-served. Cancellations must be received before December 1st to be eligible for a refund and are subject to a $5 processing fee.
- Register by mail: Download registration brochure
- Register online: https://ocrs.wsu.edu/Signup/?eventid=866
- Use your existing login if you have previously registered for conferences using WSU’s Online Conference Registration System
- First-time users: Click “Create new account” to get started
- Once logged-in, click “New registration” to register for the workshop
- Payment must be made to complete registration and reserve your space
- Note: we cannot take credit card payments over the phone
All Are Welcome
Extension programs and employment are available to all without discrimination. Evidence of noncompliance may be reported through your local Extension office.
Persons with disabilities requiring special accommodations while participating in this program may call WSU Extension at least 21 days in advance at 425-357-6023. If accommodation is not requested in advance, we cannot guarantee the availability of accommodation on site.