- This event has passed.
Lind Field Day
June 12, 2014 @ 8:30 am - 2:30 pmFree
Date: Thusday, June 12. 2014
Location: WSU Dryland Research Station
Join the Washington State University Department of Crop and Soil Sciences for the 98th Annual Lind Field Day Thursday, June 12, 2014 from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
The event will include tours of research plots at the WSU Dryland Research Station near Lind, Wash., a complimentary lunch with a short noon program, and an ice cream social.
The event schedule is:
9:00 Field tours
- A bioherbicide for downy brome management, Ann Kennedy, USDA-ARS
- Winter wheat breeding, Arron Carter, WSU
- Club wheat breeding, Kim Campbell, USDA-ARS
- Spring wheat breeding, Mike Pumphrey, WSU
- Russian thistle control in no-till fallow, Drew Lyon, WSU
- Drought stress tolerance in wheat, Scot Hulbert, WSU
- Alternative crops, Bill Schillinger, WSU
12:15 Hosted lunch
12:45 Noon program
- Rich Koenig, WSU Director of Extension, MC
- CAHNRS update, Ron Mittelhammer, Interim Dean
- Two new Clearfield wheat varieties, Kulvinder Gill, WSU
- Wash. State Legislature, Senator Mark Schoesler
- Wash. Grain Commission, Steve Claassen, Chairman
- WAWG update, WAWG representative
1:30 Ice cream social
Washington Pesticide recertification credits and CCA credits are available.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities who contact Samantha Crow at the WSU Dryland Research Station, 509-677-3671, email@example.com at least two weeks prior to the event
To find the Dryland Research Station, take the Lind exit from Highway 395 and proceed two miles into Lind. Take a right turn at the Lind city park, go three blocks to the stop sign, turn right, and follow the paved road, heading north, out of town. At the fork in the road, take the road to the right as indicated by the WSU sign. Proceed another two miles to the Dryland Research Station.