- This event has passed.
Spokane Regional Cover Cropping and Soil Health Meeting
February 18, 2014 @ 8:45 am - 3:00 pm$10
8:45 AM Registration
9:30 AM Opening Comments – Ray Ledgerwood, Ty Meyer
9:40 AM Overview of Soil Erosion in the PNW – Dennis Roe
10:00 AM Video Feed from National Conference on Cover Crops & Soil Health from Omaha, NE featuring:
- Howard G. Buffett and USDA Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack (invited)
- Farmer panel: Experiences with cover crops and impacts on soil health
- Dan DeSutter, Indiana
- Dave Brandt, Ohio
- Clay Mitchell, Iowa
- Gabe Brown, North Dakota
11:45 LUNCH – Provided, but there is a $10 charge for each attendee.
12:30 Panel Speakers:
- Frank Wolf – Uniontown, WA. No-Till Operation
- Bob Sievers – Spangle, WA. No-Till Operation
- Diana Roberts, PhD – Regional Extension Specialist, WSU Extension Spokane/Lincoln Counties
1:00 – 3:00 Cover Crop and Soil Health Discussion – We need your help in setting a course for the advancement of cover cropping in the region and will be asking for answers to some of the questions below.
- What are the potential opportunities for expanding cover crop and soil health management systems in the area/state?
- What do we need to do to most effectively enable the soil health/cover crop movement in Eastern WA?
- What are the barriers to broader adoption?
- How might those barriers be overcome?
- Where do we go from here?
Lunch will be provided, but there will be a $10 charge for each attendee that can be paid at the time of registration. Please indicate in your RSVP if you will be purchasing lunch or bringing your own. Thank you, Ty Meyer (email@example.com 509. 995.1220)