Who do I contact to rent the Pavilion?
- CAHNRS Student Success and Academic Programs (509-335-4562) or e-mail: email@example.com
- The Ensminger Pavilion Request Form will be required to hold your reservation.
- Reservation requests have to be submitted minimum 14-days prior to event.
- Please pickup keys in Hulbert Hall Room 423 Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
- Keys can be picked up as early as 1 day prior to your event.
How much does it cost?
$0 CAHNRS Departments & Registered Student Organizations (request submitted by CAHNRS and paid with CAHNRS account)
- CAHNRS Departments
- CAHNRS Registered Student Organizations
$450 Non-CAHNRS WSU Departments & Registered Student Organizations (request submitted by WSU department/RSO and paid with WSU account)
- Any non-CAHNRS WSU Department
- Any non-CAHNRS Registered Student Organization
$750 External/Non-WSU Entity (request submitted by external member/organization from the university)
- Individuals submitting a request for events not related to WSU activities
- Companies/Industries hosting events
- Non-profits/Foundations hosting events not related to WSU or paying with non-WSU money
Additional fees & Information
- $200 refundable cleaning deposit if returned adequately cleaned.
- Cleaning supplies are provided in the custodial closet. The building will be inspected for cleanliness following each event. Renters do not need to clean the bathrooms.
- All tables and chairs included on the rental fee.
- No reservation fees.
- Payment due prior to reservation.
Catering and Alcohol Service
- If serving alcohol privately without a licensed caterer, a banquet permit must be obtained through Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board. No permit is required if alcohol is being served by a licensed caterer.
- Ensminger does not have an in-house caterer, or a list of preferred caterers.
- All external renters and RSO groups must obtain liability insurance for their event. For more information on how to purchase a liability insurance through TULIP, please click here.
Registered Student Organizations (RSOs)
- RSOs are required to register their events with Student Involvement to gain the appropriate approvals for events.
- If serving alcohol as an RSO Group, please be aware that you will need to get approval from WSU Police Department, and WSU Fire and Safety prior to the event date.
- All RSO groups must obtain liability insurance to host an event in Ensminger.
- There is parking on-site, Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. requires a permit, which can be purchased from the WSU Transportation Services Office.
- Much of the parking surrounding the building is free of charge after 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and on Saturday and Sunday, view a map of surrounding parking (PDF).
Capacity? How large a group can I host in the Pavilion?
- The Pavilion can hold 200-400 people depending on set up, view Ensminger’s Floor Plan (PDF)
Are there tables, chairs, and other supplies available?
- 20 eight-foot rectangular tables and 20 round tables (60″ in diameter)
- Approximately 200 chairs are available at no charge.
- Renting of sound systems, stage, linens, etc. are not available for rental through Ensminger or CAHNRS.
- Set up and tear down is the responsibility of the renter.
Is there wireless internet?
- WSU Wireless is available to users with a WSU Network ID.
- For guest access for users without a WSU Network ID.
What other terms and conditions should I be aware of?
- CAHNRS is not responsible for ensuring items rented from outside vendors (sound system, stage, linens, etc.) are returned to the outside vendor.
- Renters using amplified sound should contact the City of Pullman to determine if a noise variance is needed. Noise Variance Application (PDF).
- CAHNRS does not offer on-site event coordination. Renters are free to hire event coordinators at their discretion.
- Ensminger Pavilion does not have air conditioning, at this time.