What is an Internship?
A carefully monitored work or service experience in which an individual has intentional learning goals and reflects actively on what she or he is learning throughout the experience.
How can Internships help you?
- Gain exposure to real-world problems and issues that are beyond the classroom.
- Evaluate specific companies or specific careers prior to committing to full-time employment—a “try before you buy” type experience.
- Increase self-confidence in the workplace while developing an expanded network of associates and professionals for job references.
- Have resume-building experiences while applying academic concepts and principles.
- Have hands-on opportunities to work with equipment and technology that may not be available on campus.
- Improve time management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Students who have completed internships are more likely to get a job at their internship site or with a competitor than students who have not completed an internship.