Skip to main content Skip to navigation

COVID-19 and CAHNRS  We at CAHNRS are striving to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Learn more at

Intellectual Property

Plant Variety Licensing

Plant variety licensing activities are handled by the CAHNRS Office of Research. All parties interested in licensing WSU cereal grain varieties and horticultural cultivars should be referred to Albert Tsui HERE or at 509-335-3691.

A searchable catalog of these varieties is maintained by the WSU Office of Commercialization and can be accessed at:

Invention Disclosure

Non-Disclosure Agreements/MTAs

 A non-disclosure agreement (NDA) is synonymous with the term confidential disclosure agreement (CDA). Typically, OGRD will prepare and sign an CDA when there is an initial engagement between an outside entity and a WSU faculty member; however, WSU-OC may also handle such engagements and relevant documentation. Please go to this web address at OGRD (item #4) for a copy of a typical CDA. You may also contact Roger Feeley HERE or at 509-335-5447 for additional information and to prepare an OGRD CDA.

Once an official of WSU-OC is involved in the discussion with the company and the faculty member, WSU-OC is normally responsible for the preparation and signature of the NDA/CDA. It is at this point that the technology/invention is viewed as being “informally” disclosed to WSU. The forms that WSU-OC uses to carry out this function are very similar to those that OGRD uses. Please contact Denise Keeton at WSU-OC HERE or at 509-335-1210 for additional information and for the preparation of a CDA.

MTAs (Material Transfer Agreements) are handled by both OGRD and WSU-OC. Generally speaking, if proprietary research materials are being brought into the university, OGRD handles the associated paperwork. Please click HERE  (item #5) for additional information.

If research materials are being sent out of the university, WSU-OC handles the paperwork. Please contact Denise Keeton at WSU-OC for additional information. If seeds of cereal grain varieties or horticultural plant breeding materials are being sent outside of WSU, you should contact Albert Tsui HERE or at 509-335-3691.

Conflict of Interest

Information concerning conflicts of interest as they apply in your research activities can be found here: Conflict of Interest.

Export Controls

Export control regulations are federal laws that restrict the flow of certain materials, devices, and technical information shipped outside the United States. For more information visit the Office of Research Assurances.