Material Transfer Agreement

A material transfer agreement (MTA) is used to track material sent or received by third parties and to ensure that any intellectual property rights are not prematurely disclosed.

The Office of Research Support & Operations (ORSO) is responsible for negotiating all incoming and outgoing MTAs. All principal investigators or researchers who wish to receive or send materials through the university should submit an MTA request form to ORSO.

For MTAs involving plant material or breeding lines, please fill out the appropriate MTA form and send it to Deah McGauhey. She will route it through ORSO processing.

To start an MTA, select and submit the most appropriate form: