The CAHNRS Office of Research is pleased to announce the 2016 Emerging Research Issues grant awardees.
The projects funded this year will impact food and health in Washington State and beyond. We thank the PIs, coPIs, cooperators, advisors, and stakeholders as well as the reviewers for their efforts at pursuing and promoting research of importance to agriculture, society, and science at WSU statewide.
Request for Proposal List
The proposal requests below are listed by the date dues of either the Letter of Intent or when they are due at the agency.
If you would like a copy, please contact Carrie Johnston or call 509-335-4564.
Links to Grant Opportunities
The Office of Grant and Research Development (OGRD) has established two mailing lists (OGRD RFP Listings) to
aid your search for funding opportunities. Obtaining a subscription to these lists through WSU’s Mailman List-serv is easy.
Select the appropriate website and fill in the required information.
AFRI (Agriculture and Food Research Initiative, Replacing NRI) Funding opportunities
Commission Proposal Process
ARC has a Master Memorandum of Agreement in place with the following:
- American Bamboo Society
- California Cherry Board
- Fresh Pear Committee
- ID Barley Commission
- Mint Industry Research Council
- Northwest Agriculture Research Foundation
- Oregon Sweet Cherry Commission
- Pacific NW Vegetable Association
- USA Dry Pea & Lentil Council
- WA Asparagus Commission
- WA Blueberry Commission
- WA Cranberry Commission
- WA Dairy Products Commission
- WA Grain Commission
- WA Potato Commission
- WA Red Raspberry Commission
- WA State Crop Improvement Association
- WA State Dept of Agriculture/Nursery License Surcharge
- WA Strawberry Commission
- WA Tree Fruit Research Commission
- WA Turf Seedgrass Commission
- WA Wine Commission
- Hop Research Council (Prosser)
- WA Concord Grape (Prosser)
- WA Hop Commission (Prosser)
- WA Mint Commission (Prosser)
- NW Turfgrass Assoc (Puyallup)
Each Commission is different as far as the proposal process goes. If the proposals need to be ran through the ARC, an RFA with detailed instructions will go out on the Research Grants listserv. This is the process that occurs after award has been made:
- For ARC Commissions, an award needs to be emailed to Carrie Johnston email@example.com. If one of your PI’s indicates that they have received an award, please have them forward that documentation to Carrie. Carrie must have something from the agency, before she can draft the addendum.
- An addendum will be drafted, account numbers obtained for new accounts, and it will be emailed to the agency for signature. The grant administrators and PI’s will be cc’d on this email.
- While waiting for the signed agreement to come back, Carrie will complete the assurance statements and email them out to each PI for their individual projects. The grant administrator will be cc’d on this email. Carrie will also request a copy of the proposal, if it did not get routed through ARC upon submission. This process could take some time, especially if there are 30 plus projects on one amendment.
- Once Carrie receives all the assurance statements back and the agreement signed by the agency, she will get the documentation put together. The proposal will be attached to each assurance statement. All assurance statements/proposals will be attached to the signed addendum. This package will get forwarded to the College Finance Officer for signature on behalf of Jim Moyer/ARC. Then, it will get forwarded to OGRD for Dan Nordquist signature. OGRD will upload each project to its corresponding number in the database, or create a new activity.
- The agreement is now fully executed. A copy will go to SPS for account setup, and a copy will come back to Mike Petrusky to send back to the agency.
Each year there is a research review schedule with commodity commissions that the CAHNRS Office of Research will track. For any proposal that belongs to the Washington Tree Fruit Research Commission, please refer to their website for the latest formatting, do not use last year’s format. To reach that site click HERE and use the Research Reviews tab for the WTFRC only. All other commissions will be reference below.