Skip to main content Skip to navigation

COVID-19 and CAHNRS  We at CAHNRS are striving to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Learn more at

Material Transfer Agreement

A material transfer agreement (MTA) is used to track material sent or received by third parties and to ensure that any intellectual property rights are not prematurely disclosed.

The Office of Research Support & Operations (ORSO) is responsible for negotiating all incoming and outgoing MTAs. All principal investigators or researchers who wish to receive or send materials through the university should submit an MTA request form to ORSO. To start an MTA, select and submit the most appropriate form to ORSO:

General In-coming MTA Request Form (PDF)

General Out-going MTA Request Form (PDF)


Contact Jason Oliver [509-335-0853] for questions about in-coming MTAs, Anke Moore [509-335-3796] for questions about out-going MTAs, or Albert Tsui [509-335-3691].